Friday, October 30, 2009

A not too muddy Muddy Buddy!

Always up for an adventure or unable to say "no"... who knows? Who cares!

A few of the usual suspects decided we should sign up for the Muddy Buddy here in Dallas on October 25th. The race is done in teams of two taking turns running and biking. There are five legs in the race. Teammate A runs, bikes, runs, bikes, runs and Teammate B bikes, runs, bikes, runs, bikes.

Seena and I got paired up... just because our first names start with the same letter. Sounded good to me! ;)


I don't think I ever raced so unprepared. I was basically told I'd be picked up at the crack of dawn on my doorstep and to show up with a helmet. That's about all I knew and all I was prepared for. My awesome teammate got us team shirts ready, she secured a mountain bike for the race and got everything organized.

The race was a blast and we rocked it. The biking - despite the fact that I think I had mountain biked a grand total of two times in my life - was awesome and I think I ran pretty strongly despite the hills. Team "Got Soap?" placed 2nd in our age group.

No comments: