Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Long summer

It was a very long, humid raceless summer! The good news is that this year, during my annual summer trip to Europe not only did I manage to pack running clothes/shoes but I actually took them out of the suitcase and used them.

There is just no ifs and buts about it, I will never get used to the Texas summer with temperature and humidity levels so high that you feel you've just stepped in an oven. Forget running into that kind of weather.

I literally dragged through my regular Tuesday/Friday 5-mile loop with Sue's group at 6 am in the morning. I mean, how early does one have to wake up to be able to run through a 5 mile loop? Worst of all, I started retreating to the dreadmill. When I start using the dreadmill a whole lot, you know it's bad.

So... running in Switzerland, in Germany and back and forth across the border even, was a nice boost to my running self-esteem that had been tanking in the Texas summer. It was nice to know I still "had it". :)

No comments: